Culture Department Ltd. (an official English name for ООО «Отдел культуры», OOO Otdel Kultury) is a music promotion company established in 2015 in the city of Dubna (Moscow region) as a merger of two earlier organizations, one specialized in jazz/avant and another in popular Russian music. For international sense, the first one, MuzEnergo Lts., is important to mention personally — one of the leading bodies in Russia which was inviting foreign contemporary music artists from as far as 2007. The famous brands, MuzEnergo international festival and MuzEnergoTour travelling festival project, both belong to Culture Department now.
Speaking of popular programs, we worked with assorted number of major Russian pop and rock artists. arranging their gigs and/or tours on weekly basis. These concerts gather 600-2000 persons in audience each time but are interesting for Russian market, mostly.
Speaking of contemporary and exploratory music, from 2007 we brought to Russia over 1000 musicians from 46 countries (including Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Netherlands, Niger, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United States of America). Stylistics we’re interested in is mostly avant, jazz, fusion, and folk from all over the world.
MuzEnergo festival is founded in 2007 and aimed for small towns of Moscow area, with assorted programs and additional concert series all over the year. The festival idea is a controversial mix of all improvisational genres, up to video installations and theatralized performances, but mostly in jazz/avant stream.
MuzEnergoTour project is implemented in three times in 2013/2015 as a travelling festival (a real bus filled with improvising bands from different countries, making daily rides deeper and deeper to Russian province from Moscow). In three years, this project alone provided 150 gigs on Russian territory from Moscow to Far East, with last gigs on Pacific Ocean shore.
The list of our co-producers, partners and sponsors includes:
- governmental structures of Russia, e.g. the science town of Dubna’s Administration
- foreign governmental bodies, e.g. Ministry of Cultural Affairs of Azerbaijan, Ministerio da Cultura (Brazil), Consejo Nacional de la Cultura y las Artes (Chile) etc.
- foreign embassies in Russian Federation, e.g. of Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, US, and Norway, General Consulat of Lithuania in St. Petersburg
- foreign cultural missions in Russia, e.g. Polish Cultural Center in Moscow, Bulgarian Culture Institute, Hungarian Culture Center, Goethe Institut
- foreign cultural institutions of all forms located in their countries, a long list which includes e.g. Fonds Podiumkunsten, Spedidam, AIE, Adami, ProHelvetia, Suisa, Institut Ramon Llull, AC/E, Jazz Danmark, MES, Statens Kunstfond, SIS, Music Norway, Aargauer Kuratorium, Swisslos, FCM, Rhone-Alpes, Wilhelmina E. Jansen Fonds etc etc etc.
- commercial sponsors located in Russia, e.g. NEC Display Solutions, Luxor, PowerCom Ltd., Real It, Granini, 4Gurman etc.
- music brands represented and operating in Russia, e.g. Mapex, MarkBass
Our activities were covered by local media, Russian media of federal scale (TVC, State Broadcast Company, «Culture» radio, «Russian State Newspaper», «Trud», «News Time», «Moscow News», «Where Moscow», «Vedomosti», «Profile», TV7, «Jazz.Ru», «Big City», «InRock», «Cultpohod», «Zvuki.Ru», «Gazeta», «Italia», «Smena», «Regiony Rossii») and assorder foreign media, e.g. BBC, WDR, AllAboutJazz.Com, «Russia Today» and «Azerbaijan TV» television companies, «Baku» magazine, «Azerbaijan News» newspaper, Ukrainian National Jazz Web-Portal.
In terms of impro music, Culture Department Ltd.’s mission is to spread a new artistic message all over the Russia, regardless to stereotypic approaches and superstitions about certain audience and/or geography. From that point, we succesfully work as a bookers, co-promoters and, often, a distant 100% producers of gigs on the territory from Baltic sea to Pacific Ocean (east-west) and from White to Black Sea (north-south). Our strategic partnets in over 20 Russian cities allow to build a highly acclaimed tours for both straight-ahead jazz ensembles (playing major festivals, philharmonic venues and huge open-airs) and die-hard avant-garde devotees (covering sophisticated art places, specialized chamber venues and so on).
We brought to Russia all kinds of artists, from educational teams gathered around renown teachers to military governmetnal orchestras, from independent noise formations (whose members exist on day-job earnings) to massively supported national treasures. There were Grammy winners in our roster, national and worldwide prize winners.
+7 (916) 511-37-41